Step 1: Join the Youtube Partner Program
To check your channel’s eligibility and join the YouTube Partner Program:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under “Monetization,” click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube Partner Program Terms.
Learn what to do if monetization is disabled for your channel.
Step 2: Set up an AdSense account for payments
You need to set up an approved AdSense account with your YouTube channel in order to earn money from your videos and get paid. You can create a new AdSense account or use an existing one.
Follow these steps to set up an AdSense account
Step 3: Choose the videos you want to monetize
After you’ve joined the YouTube Partner Program and set up your AdSense account, you can turn on ads for eligible videos.